Research Intern (Optimization)
Engie (ex. GDF SUEZ) employs 150,000 employees worldwide and achieved revenues of €65 billion in 2017. The Engie Group is one of the world’s leading players in energy, present in nearly 70 countries.
Engie Research China is the Engie Group R&D center in China, and aims to develop a series of research programs focused on “integrated infrastructure” for addressing research and engineering grand challenges towards more efficient and intelligent energy services at building scale, at district scale, and at urban scale. Engie Research China also focuses on leveraging advanced information technologies to support business units and management teams develop new business models and make more data-informed decisions (http://www.engie.cn/en/engie-china/engie-lab/).
We are seeking a paid research intern to work for Engie Research China in our Shanghai office. The internship is full time and well paid, and will take 3-12 months (start immediately preferred).
• Degree study in Computer Science (or Engineering with rich programming experience);
• Deep knowledge and experience of optimization algorithms (genetic algorithms, non-linear programming, dynamic programming, graph search algorithms, etc.);
• Excellent written and good verbal communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills to work in team environment;
Additional preferred set of skills:
• Experience of software development;
• Enthusiasm in applying optimization methods in energy field;
• Build optimization models for energy applications;
• Integrate the engineering processes of planning, design and operations of energy systems;
• Work with energy domain experts for district energy R&D work;
• Participate in the development of web application for showing research results of the optimization and for supporting decision making of engineers;
• Develop written products including research plans, reviews, project proposals and reports;
• Publish and present research outcomes at conferences, workshops, and industry events;
To express your interest, please send your resume or contact Zheng Yang at email@example.com.